Search This Blog

26 August 2006

Roots of American Music 23Aug06

Rosetta Tharpe – Down by the riverside
The Markeys – Plantation Inn
Lee Dorsey – Give it up
Mitch Woods – Crescent City flyer
Lloyd Price – Ain’t that a shame
Mitch Woods – Short, sweet and tender
Albert Ammons – Shout for joy
Art Tatum – Tiger rag
Artie Shaw – Mysterioso
Gillian Welch – No one knows breakdown
Johnny Cash – When it’s Sprint time in Alaska (it’s 40 below)
Sam Baker – Mercy
Hank Williams - I’m so lonesome I could cry
Emmett Miller – I ain’t gonna give you none of my jelly roll
David Doucet – Balfa Waltz
Eddie Le Jeune - Church point breakdown
California Cajun Orchestra – Cajun two step
JJ Cale – Cajun moon
Ry Cooder – Bourgeois blues
Woody Guthrie – Washington talking blues
Big Mama Thornton – Wade in the water
Jesse Belvin – Where’ my girl
The Persuasions - Be good to me
Duke Ellington – Caravan
Louis Jordan – You run your mouth I’ll run my business brother