Search This Blog

28 April 2011

Roots of American Music - 27th April '11

Johnny Cash - Folsom Prison blues
Elvis Presley - Baby let's play house
Bo Diddley - Gun slinger
Elmore James - My bleeding heart
Jimmy Reed - Big Boss Man
Muddy Waters - I can't be satisfied
Chris Smither - Origin of the species
John Prine - Let's talk dirty in Hawaiian
Dave Rawlings - The monkey and the engineer
Phoebe Snow - Good times
Mary Gauthier - Same road
Lucinda Williams - American dream
Esther Phillips - Romance in the dark
Helen Humes - Home when shadows fall
Count Basie - Jumping at the Woodside
Mary Lou Williams - Mr Freddie blues
Sharon Jones & The Dap Kins - The game gets old
Aretha Franklin - Mr Rock Steady
Don Covay - See saw
Jackie Wilson - I get the sweetest feeling
Sam Cooke - Jesus gave me water
Dorothy Love Coates & The Original Harmonettes - 99 1/2 won't do
Ralph Stanley & The Clinch Mountain Boys - Gloryland
Merle Haggard - More than my old guitar
Hank Williams - Cold cold heart